Tuesday, May 19, 2009

First Day of School


The creation of this blog marks a milestone. Yesterday I sent off for the very first time a completed manuscript that had been requested by a literary agent. I met her a year ago at an SCBWI Agent’s Day, and she graciously offered to read several things I’d written. In January she asked for my middle grade mystery, so the last few months have been a flurry of rewriting, critiques with my incredible writing group, and some final polishing. As I said on FB yesterday: it's like sending your child off to kindergarten. You hope everyone will like him and play nice. Maybe he’ll get bullied and come home with a black eye, maybe he’ll become the teacher’s pet. Whatever the outcome, I’ll blog about it here. Follow me on this journey. Someone pointed out that only a few letters separate “newbie” from “Newbery.”

No comments:

Post a Comment